"The Best Gifts have a Personal Touch"

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cookies and Royal Icing

My wedding anniversary was at the beginning of the month and I wanted to get the sesame street cartridges for my cricut, but I also wanted to get a Kitchen Aid mixer. What a hard decision I had on my hands, but I went with the mixer because I got an incredible sale @ BedBath & Beyond. Here is my new beauty:
I have never made anything from scratch until I went to A C Moore and bought the new Wilton's Cake decorating magazine. I was inspire, so the other night I plugged in my new toy and made my first ever batch of sugar cookies and royal icing. Here is a picture of Olivia showing off her creative spark...
Royal icing is the not the easiest thing to work with so please be easy with the imperfection of the cookies. My daughter and I had a great time together and I do plan on making more so I can practice my royal icing technique. I would like to sell these some day.
My next venture from scratch is going to be my daughter's 3rd birthday cake made with fondant which I have never used before. I will keep posted.

As Always Be Good and Be CREATIVE!!!

No comments: