"The Best Gifts have a Personal Touch"

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How this Craze all Began....

I had a little girl 2 years ago and it all went down hill from there. LOL from the minute she entered this world I saw colors, fabrics, paper and my all time favorite GLITTER....!!!! Good-bye Savings HELLO Craft stores!!!!

I think Olivia was a little over 3 months when I began thinking of a Super Big BLOW OUT for her 1st birthday. It's a tradition in my family for a child to have what I call a "Super Sweet 1". The hunt was on for the perfect paper, the perfect ribbon, the perfect place etc. Things didn't work out so perfect once the guest list was made and I realized I had a
little over 150 invitations to make. I had so many ideas and tried many different layouts trying to make the nicest invitation possible and finally, this was what I came up with:














This was my 1st venture into card making and I was hooked. It's not my best work but practice makes perfect and I am mastering different techniques as I make more cards.

After the invitations, I thought what else can I make to give this 1st birthday the personal, unique touch?......I made my own centerpieces.These were made with a dough recipe (not edible) that I learned while in school. With a little tweaking I made the dough and colored it to match the party's theme:










I cut the dough using cookie cutters and were baked in the oven for 2 to 4 hrs @ 260 degrees because I was trying to cut corners and was pressed for time. You could also let them air dry for 24-48 hours. The centerpieces turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself. It gave Olivia's 1st birthday the Uniqueness that I was looking for. If anyone wants the recipe for the dough just email me. Thanks for looking, I hope I have inspired you to be creative.

Until Next Time.....Pinky OUT

No comments: